Friends or family in town? Going for a walk around the neighborhood? Looking for something fun to do on a beautiful late summer day?
We've got you: this week we're tackling a fun little Pub Walk around BS3.
We'll assume that you're planning your starting location in the general area of our Ashton club - maybe because you've come in for a workout, a killer group fitness class, or just come along to say hi to our friendly reception team.
ALSO a quick general disclaimer, we are outlining our favourite watering holes around the BS3 area... this DOES NOT mean you need to stop at every single one of them; there are quite a few listed (insert concerned emoji). Now, grab a friend, brother, mother, really whomever you please, and get to walking!
- From our Ashton club, you could easily start your tour at Bristol Beer Factory's Tap Room. I know, our besties next door... how predictable are we, right?! But seriously, we love the Tap Room. It's nestled nicely at the end of North Street - the perfect place to enjoy a pint before your stroll down through Southville towards Bedminster. They've got 4 hand pulls rotating with their latest brews (brewed right onsite!), 6 keg lines, and fridges full of bottles... there's something to ry for everyone!
- Continue to make your way down North Street, and you'll find yourself at the Spotted Cow. Spotted Cow has a fantastic drinks selection, and claims they have "one of the best stocked back bars in Bristol, with an extensive range of whiskies, rums, and gin." In addition to a range of strong drinks, they support local breweries, with a regularly changing range of cask and craft ales. Cider lovers - fear not! They've also got a great choice of bottled ciders, as well as a traditional cloudy cider on handpull.
- Head a little further up the road and pay the Old Bookshop a visit. This quirkly little cafe-bar has a large selection of tapas, and may we recommend their Sunday roast!? Delicious and only £15 for a two-course meal. If pub quizzes are more your thing - check them out on Mondays for your chance to win big.
- If you keep going on North Street (don't worry, we'll be mixing it up shortly), you can grab a spot on North Street Standard's spacious front terrace... for a full breakfast, a nice coffee, a cheeky pint, or even an order of loaded Mac. They've got plenty of space and plenty of dining and drink options!
- Once you mosey off from the North Street Standard, take a right at the round-a-bout and head towards the Black Cat. We're told that this little neighborhood spot is cash-only, but they've got cheap drink prices and some rockin' karoake to make up for it.
- Once you've had your karoake fill, continue to make your way down West Street to The Three Lions pub, a staple for a pre-match pint. They've got friendly staff, great people, and a variety of different beers and ciders on tap. Bonus: they've got a great back patio with outdoor seating and incredible views of the City. You may even be able to sneak a peak at that famous little suspension bridge ;)
- Next, head down Palmyra Road towards The Luckwell. The Luckwell is a popular sports pub just a stone's throw away from the football stadium - a great place to enjoy pre- or post-match drinks with your mates. They also boast several big screen TVs, a pool table, dart board, and gamining machines. If you're feeling lucky - they've even got a free weekly draw to win free money, as well as a weekly forecast bet customers can take a gamble at to win up to £1000! In addition to all these fun and games, they stock a wide selection of lagers, ales, and ciders, as well as all of your favourite spirits and mixers.
- To round out the tour, we're going to go the "choose your own adventure" route. Option 1: head to the Rising Sun, a bright pub with a fun outdoor beer garden. Option 2: head to the Cooper's Arms, a traditional Bristol City supporter bar. Alternatively, if you're feeling up to it, you could always opt to check them both out... you won't be disappointed!
To make things a bit easier, we've mapped this one out for you:
We hope you've enjoyed our little walk. Until next time!
LET'S WORKOUT BRISTOL!