Join Now from £9.99
Terms and Conditions
- You consent to us collecting your demographic and interest data, as well as more general data. We use this to check that we are marketing to the correct base of people and not for any other reason.
- You consent to us storing cookies on your computer to log you in, and to send you emails from time to time that contain important information about the gym or your membership.
- Workout Bristol reserves the right to refuse your application for membership.
- You are expected to treat the club, its staff and its equipment with respect. Failure to do will result in your membership being cancelled.
- Memberships are non-transferable
- All members must be above 16 years of age
- You can freeze your membership for up to 3 months at the price of £15 (£5 per month).
- Members are required to carry their own sweat towels at all times to wipe down the equipment once you have used it in order to reduce unnecessary waste of paper towels. We will however provide you with antibacterial spray around the club.
- We will provide you with a free group induction to show you how to use the equipment safely. However you can choose to opt out of this by signing the registration form saying that you do not wish to have one. In doing that you are agreeing that it is your legal responsibility to be responsible for your own safety whilst using the equipment. Workout Bristol Ltd cannot be held liable for any injuries caused whilst using the equipment. If you wish to have further guidance please, contact one of the trainers regarding a personal programme or indeed personal training.
If you have any of the following conditions you must notify us.
- Has a Doctor/Medical professional ever diagnosed you with a heart condition and indicated you should restrict your physical activity?
- Have you experienced chest pain in the past month?
- Do you have an injury or orthopaedic condition (such as a back, hip, or knee problem) that may worsen due to a change in your physical activity?
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you 69 years of age or older and not used to being very active?
- When you perform physical activity, do you feel pain in your chest?
- Do you ever faint or get dizzy and lose your balance?
- Do you have high blood pressure or a heart condition in which a doctor/medical professional is currently prescribing medicine?
- Do you have insulin dependant diabetes?
- Do you know of any other reason you should not exercise or increase your physical activity?
Membership Terms & Conditions
- You pay your membership fees on a rolling monthly basis: no contract, no maximum or minimum term, just stay as long as you wish, payable by Direct Debit.
- You will pay £9.99 per month for a daytime membership or £19.99 per month for an anytime membership
- You will pay a one off £15 joining fee
- You will pay a £15 development fee annually.
- If you cancel and want to re-join, the re-joining fee will be £7.50
- By providing an email address members consent to receiving newsletters from Workout Bristol.
- You must inform a member of staff if you feel that any piece of equipment within the gym is unsafe for use or if you have any other concerns whatsoever.
- Opening hours and access are subject to change.
- Abuse of membership, i.e. not paying fees when due, continued incorrect use of equipment, verbal or physical abuse of Workout Bristol or Personal Training staff, will result in the cancellation of the membership immediately and any outstanding fee's, costs from damage or legal fees will be sought from you via our collection agency.
- Workout Bristol has the right to refuse your application for membership During your membership monthly fees must be paid regardless of whether you use the facility.
- Memberships are non-transferable.
- We may suspend or cancel your membership at any time if;
- You seriously or repeatedly break these terms and conditions, or the terms and conditions of use or membership agreement;
- You or your guests use rude or abusive language or violent behaviour at any of our clubs, or if your behaviour puts our other members or team members at risk from harm or affects their interests in some way.
- If we end or cancel your membership for any of the reasons listed here, we will not refund your bank and administration fee, starter payments or monthly subscription.
- By law, we do not have to pay you compensation for any service, facility or equipment not being available because of health and safety reasons or where it is for the benefit of your membership.
- By law, we do not have to pay you compensation for loss or damage you may suffer unless we fail to carry out our duties under these terms and conditions to a reasonable standard or break any duties we have to carry out by law.
- We will not compensate you if we have failed to carry out our duties due to:
- a fault of your own;
- a third party not connected with providing our services under these terms and conditions;
- or events which we could not have known about beforehand even if we had taken all reasonable care.
Class Cancellation Policy
Should you need to cancel yourself off of a class, you must ensure that you do so through your online account a minimum of 90 minutes before the class start time. Failure to cancel off of a class / failure to attend a class that you have booked, will result in your online account being temporarily frozen and a £2 fine.
- Notice of cancellation should be given in writing at the start of a calendar month, and if issued with a membership card this should be returned to Workout Bristol.
- It is the responsibility of the member to cancel the standing order/Direct Debit with their bank at a time which is convenient to them. Workout Bristol WILL NOT refund membership fees due to non-cancellation of standing orders.
Member Health Agreement
You warrant, declare and acknowledge that:
- The information given by you in entering this agreement is correct and will be relied upon by us.
- Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically trained and should you have any concerns with your health and fitness you should seek independent medical advice before engaging in any physical activity on our premises.
- To the best of your knowledge and belief you are in good health and not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort, well being or physical condition. Further, that you will advise us immediately should your health or vulnerability to injury change.
- You have read and understood this agreement and all of its the Terms and Conditions before accepting them below.
- This agreement will become binding upon both parties once you have checked the "I confirm that I have read and agree to The Workout Bristol Ltd Health Agreement" box and the "Continue to CONFIRM PAYMENT" button has been clicked.
You are primarily responsible for your health and wellbeing, but we at Workout Bristol are concerned that you enjoy our facilities safely. To that end we consider that we should expect the following of each other.
- Whilst we will respect your decision over your training regime we reserve the right to ask you not to exercise beyond what we reasonably believe to be your personal ability.
- We shall endeavour to maintain a safe environment for you to enjoy your exercise.
- We shall endeavour to ensure that our fitness trainers and staff are qualified to fitness industry standards.
- We shall at all times keep confidential any information that you give us regarding your health.
- If you are a wheelchair user we require you to have an induction at one of our venues to ensure your safe use of our facilities and equipment